Kalory Photo & Video was commissioned by british luxury phone manufacturer, Vertu, to create a campaign for their new Aster Yosegi Wood limited edition.
- Very limited amount of time from pitch to delivery of the assets
- No access to the japanese workshops where the Yosegi wood is created, but necessity to convey the message of craftsmanship with and artistic dimension and the japanese origins of the material
- Limited production budget
To create the craftsmanship story and to bring the artistic dimension to the visual and video, we proposed the Vertu marketing team to search for a London based artist. The goal was to create a unique piece of art specially commissioned by Vertu and that we combined with photography to create the main advertising visual.
By creating a parallel, between the japanese yosegi wood workshops and the London Artist studio, the objective was to pass on the message that Vertu works with artists and master craftsmen around the world (Japan and England).
After searching all over the UK, for the right artist, we decided to work with Hiroko Imada, a Japanese artist based in London. We briefed Hiroko about the project and she created the artwork. We shot the drawings coming to life as a behind the scene / artist at work video in her workshop, the phone coming in the film by flashes.
Below are the communication assets we delivered the brand for the campaign:
- horizontal advertising visual
- vertical advertising visual
- video : creating a work of Art
- instagram video teaser
- presentation leaflet / catalogue design